Saturday, September 22, 2012

Pre-Trip Craziness

I don't recommend adopting new technology the day before leaving on a trip.  I've wasted a good portion of yesterday and today trying to get my iPhone5 operational.  Verizon suggested I call the call center at 6:00 a.m. this morning in order to be able to get through since they're on overwhelm with the iPhone launch.  So now I've been up since 6:00 a.m. and my old brain is tired!  As well as the old body.  Everything is sorted with Verizon but TracFone is being a jerk about porting my number so I still have to carry that phone as well.  Just what I needed, 2 cell phones!  Can make calls on the iPhone but not receive them.

So my recommendation is if you're ever tempted to do business with TracFone, lie down until the temptation goes away.

Now I need to give some thought to what clothes I'm taking with me, as opposed to all the electronics!  There will be a wide variety of temperatures, so that's making this difficult.  Supposed to be hot in Spokane tomorrow.  And fairly warm in Nelson, B.C.  Then the temps should start to moderate (and probably get downright chilly at night).

Am looking forward to our Canadian Rockies adventure!  Stay tuned.  Allegedly  all our hotels have wi-fi, so I should be able to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment